Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have weekend hours available?

Our offices are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM The Dallas office is open on Saturdays, 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM. Our other offices are open on select Saturdays to see new clients as well. Please call us to know when the office of your choice opens on Saturdays.

Does your office offer payment plans or discounts?

For the convenience of our clients, we offer special payment plans depending on the amount and cost of the work. Special discounts are available for multiple applications and upfront payments.


Yes! The offices of Jaime Barron, P.C. can assist you with scheduling a Phone Consultation with one of our experienced lawyers. You can set up a phone consultation by calling our office.

Do you accept credit cards?

For the convenience of our clients, we offer multiple payment options. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Zelle, and Cash. Also, you can conveniently pay online via PayPal or Credit Card and make payments over the phone.

My Employer wants to file papers for me? Can you help me?

Under Immigration Law, an employer may be able to sponsor an employee for a permanent position in the United States. The process, however, is very complicated and may require a very long wait. Our Office has worked with hundreds of employers assisting their employees with obtaining both temporary and permanent legal status. Under new laws, however, it is essential that your employer is involved and initiates the process.

Do I really need a lawyer to assist with my immigration papers? Can I do it myself?

The law is complex; avoid unintentional errors that can lead to a denial of an application. Also, be advised that all immigration documentation is attested under oath. Thus, any declarations made on those documents can lead to deportation proceedings. It is in your best interest to have an experienced lawyer assist you with your immigration documents.

I know of a person who has assisted many people in filing their immigration paperwork. He charges much less than a lawyer. Why should I not use his help?

Under Texas Law, a person who is not authorized by the State Bar of Texas or Certified by the Board of Immigration Appeals is in violation of law for preparing immigration documentation for someone else for a fee. This constitutes Unauthorized Practice of Law. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services advises those who wish to file their papers to utilize only those who are authorized to file documents with immigration. 

Can you take my case even I do not live in a city where you have an office?

Yes. Immigration is Federal Law that allows our Firm to represent immigrants in cases in all fifty states.

I only speak Spanish, can you help me?

The majority of our staff is fluent in Spanish. Most of our staff are first-generation immigrants from Mexico, Central, and South America. We will make you feel at home. 

I started my case with another attorney, a non-profit or a non-lawyer; can you take over my case and help me?

We regularly assist individuals who were either dissatisfied or were unable to complete their case with another law firm or a non-profit agency. Our goal is to provide an honest assessment of your case and we may be able to assist you in your case even if you had started your case with another law firm. 

What do I need to do to start my case with you?

You can contact our Office to set up a consultation. All our initial consultations are with a lawyer. Our Lawyers will provide you with a recommendation and will provide you with the cost of your case and any eligible discounts. 

I don’t live in the US, can I call you still?

Yes.  We have several phone numbers you can call from outside the US which rings in our main office in Dallas.